Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Robin Haswell <me...@robhaswell.co.uk> on 2008/12/02 03:41:40 UTC

[users@httpd] Accounting cpu-time per request

Hi there,

We're writing a load balancer system and we need to be able to log the
CPU utilisation for each request. Ideally we'd like to log it to an
external network service although we're open to any way of getting the
per-request CPU time out of Apache.

Does anyone know of any way to get this information out of Apache fairly
easily? We're open to the idea of writing our own C module but we'd
really (really) rather not. The rest of our system is written in Python
so any suggestions that could hook in easily with that would be much
appreciated.

There's a bottle of wine in it for anyone who can help (and lives in the
UK :-P)

Many thanks in advance,

-Rob Haswell

Re: [users@httpd] Accounting cpu-time per request

Posted by Lazy <la...@gmail.com>.
2008/12/2 Robin Haswell <me...@robhaswell.co.uk>:
> Hi there,
>
> We're writing a load balancer system and we need to be able to log the CPU
> utilisation for each request. Ideally we'd like to log it to an external
> network service although we're open to any way of getting the per-request
> CPU time out of Apache.

you can log processing time of each request using customlog in sec or ms,
I'm not sure if it's cputime or realtime but it might be a good starting point

--
Michal Grzedzicki