Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Tirtza Bernstein <ti...@simply-y.com> on 2009/03/12 10:47:41 UTC

[users@httpd] Digest Authentication

Hi,

I have basic authentication working for svn on apache 2.2.  When I try to switch it to digest authenticated it does not work.

Configuration with Digest Authentication:

<Location /svn>

            DAV svn

            SVNListParentPath on

            SVNParentPath C:\server\repos

            AuthType Digest

            AuthName “Repos”

            AuthDigestDomain /svn

            AuthUserFile  C:\test\ auth_file

            Require valid-user

</Location>

Error Log:

[Thu Mar 12 09:24:03 2009] [error] [client 79.180.232.71] Digest: user `user1' in realm `\x93Repos\x94' not found: /svn/root/proj/

I added user1 to the digest file with this command:

C:\test >htdigest -c svn_authd_file "Repos" user1

Adding password for user1 in realm ΓÇ£ReposΓÇ¥.

New password: ********

Re-type new password: ********

I tried it without the quotes around realm as well

Configuration with Basic Authentication:

<Location /svn>

            DAV svn

            SVNListParentPath on

            SVNParentPath C:\server\repos