Posted to derby-user@db.apache.org by Michael Segel <de...@segel.com> on 2006/04/07 17:07:28 UTC

Fwd: Hello my dear Friend

Just out of curiosity, is anyone else getting this spam?

Does Apache archive these mail groups on their site?
Is it set up to stop robot trawlers from walking down these paths?

  s=s1024; d=yahoo.com;

h=Message-ID:X-RocketDSI:Date:From:Reply-To:Subject:To:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding;

b=klFKpXNDqNFOWTOD4TNI+BXICXMhglztbCVgro4AI0LVQ0nn+B6pcl7tvtVyYERsgkgqPwxpm04oQY7bW0mmXvTXk2gXv+pMBjvvVSKMe0b+O9eBbMyRrBm4CF2vx8unrbtoXHkhrc5oGr4oN2+WyBvEtMntwELeDYcwJr0OuSM=  ;
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2006 07:02:38 -0700 (PDT)
From: "Leonard K. Auta" <le...@yahoo.com>
Subject: Hello my dear Friend
To: derby@segel.com
I have a new email address!You can now email me at: leonardknauta@yahoo.com

Hello my dear Friend Click on reply to get back to me.

Good day to you my good friend, How are you and your family, I hope everyone
 is doing well my regards....  I am Mr. Leonard Ken Auta, I live at number 38
 Convent Garden King Street Shell Quarters 111 Delta State Nigeria. I am the
 only child of my Father. I never knew my mother, and have not seen her since
 I was born. My Father told me that She left him and relocate for her country
 USA for the past 22 years. My Father was a wealthy Oil Merchant before he
 was poisoned to death by his business associate on one of their out going
 discussion on a business trip, due to jealous and Greed.

Before his death, he told me that he deposited a box that contains his
 personal documents, Gold and diamond jewelries and sum of Two Million Pounds
 Sterling with a security finance company in London for safekeeping. He gave
 me the document, which he made with my name as the next of kin. He told me
 to relocate to US or any part of Europe from there, I should search for my
 mother after settling down. He advised that in no condition I would decide
 to reside here for the sake of my life. He said that the box contains some
 documents that have vital information of my mother. I am soliciting for your
 assistance in claiming and receiving this box that contains the fund on my
 behalf. I would be coming over to reside permanently, invest with the money
 and start a good living without fear. I need your assistance to get back to
 good living because I have nothing left, the fund in question is the only
 hope I have. If you decide to help me out of this predicament, when I arrive
 to you, I would not fail to compensate you handsomely before anything.

Finally, I have been in contact with the security finance company in London
 to make some inquiries on how the transaction would be made. They told me
 that the box would be Ship to the address of my chosen Destination. Please
 reply with your Full name, telephone number where you can easily be reached
 and home Address where the box will be delivered. Please make no mistake
 about the address for the sake of misplacement Please tell me more about
 your self and what you do for a living and the more about your area where
 you live. On getting your response, with the information, I will file in an
 application to the Security Finance Company in London for the release and
 delivery of the box to you as my beneficiary. Hoping to hearing from you.

Bless you,

Leonard Ken Auta

- Leonard K. Auta

Michael Segel
Principal
Michael Segel Consulting Corp.
derby@segel.com
(312) 952-8175 [mobile]

Re: Hello my dear Friend

Posted by Anders Morken <an...@stud.ntnu.no>.
Michael Segel:
> Just out of curiosity, is anyone else getting this spam?

I got pretty much the exact same 419, yes. He used hotmail when I got
one, but apparently switched to yahoo before he sent one to you. =)

> Does Apache archive these mail groups on their site?
> Is it set up to stop robot trawlers from walking down these paths?

There are gmane archives here:
http://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.apache.db.derby.user
And apache mod_mbox archives here:
http://mail-archives.eu.apache.org/mod_mbox/db-derby-user

The gmane archives seem to hide email addresses pretty well, but the
mod_mbox archives only hide (parts of) the email addresses in the web
view, the raw messages still contain real unchanged email addresses.

--
Anders Morken

My opinions may have changed, but not the fact that I am right!