Posted to dev@geode.apache.org by William Markito <wm...@pivotal.io> on 2015/05/09 03:21:42 UTC

Wiki pages for discussions/proposals

Folks,

I've just dumped and summarized some of the content we have already
discussed over the mailing list these days into a couple of pages in our
wiki.

They are still raw and really just proposals outlining some steps we need
to define about:

   - Release process <http:>
   - Versioning & Branching
   <https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=57311457>
   - New Features
   <https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=57311464>

   - Review process
   <https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=57311466>
   - JIRA guidelines
   <https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=57311462>
   - Code of Conduct
   <https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=57311455>

I hope it's good to formalize some of the points discussed but please jump
in and let's discuss/edit what's in there as well as fill the gaps when
possible.

Thanks!
--
~/William

Re: Wiki pages for discussions/proposals

Posted by Greg Chase <gr...@gregchase.com>.
On Fri, May 8, 2015 at 6:21 PM, William Markito <wm...@pivotal.io> wrote:

> Folks,
>
> I've just dumped and summarized some of the content we have already
> discussed over the mailing list these days into a couple of pages in our
> wiki.
>
> They are still raw and really just proposals outlining some steps we need
> to define about:
>
>    - Release process <http:>
>    - Versioning & Branching
>    <
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=57311457>
>    - New Features
>    <
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=57311464>
>
>    - Review process
>    <
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=57311466>
>    - JIRA guidelines
>    <
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=57311462>
>    - Code of Conduct
>    <
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=57311455>
>
> Is there a parent page we might want to create for these draft processes:
"Apache Geode operating principles?"

Re: Wiki pages for discussions/proposals

Posted by Pid <pi...@pidster.com>.
On 21/05/2015 22:34, William Markito wrote:
> +1 for defaults.
>
> On Thu, May 21, 2015 at 2:30 PM, Dan Smith <ds...@pivotal.io> wrote:
>
>> On Versioning & branching - can we stick to the default branch names used
>> by git-flow?
>>
>> feature/NAME
>> release/X.X.X
>> hotfix/NAME

I think Anthony proposed to adopt the other git-flow pattern:

 support/NAME.x.x.x

Which is where a release branch transitions to after merge to master.

--

[key:62590808]

Re: Wiki pages for discussions/proposals

Posted by William Markito <wm...@pivotal.io>.
+1 for defaults.

--

William Markito Oliveira

-- For questions about Apache Geode, please write to
*dev@geode.incubator.apache.org
<de...@geode.incubator.apache.org>*

Re: Wiki pages for discussions/proposals

Posted by Dan Smith <ds...@pivotal.io>.