Posted to taglibs-user@tomcat.apache.org by Chris McCarthy <ch...@inovatech-inc.com> on 2000/07/04 07:39:56 UTC

Re: taglibs in .jar file in final Tomcat 3.1

I just found out this after a few hours of investigation.

When I specified the jar file (in the location according to the JSP 1.1
spec) my JSP page was displaying:

Parse Error in the tag library descriptor: "Unconvertible UTF-8 character
beginning with 0xa5" (line number may be too low).

Not a very helpful error message. But now I realise that it was reading the
jar file thinking that it is the .tld file.

Will this be fixed any time soon ?, or should we forget about WAR format
for a while......?

Regards,
..Chris.