Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Andrew Watt <an...@andrewwatt.com> on 2003/03/07 20:54:19 UTC

Cocoon 2.1 beta 1 - timing

The release schedule displayed at
http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/plan/release.html
indicates that Cocoon 2.1 beta 1 was to be released at end of February.

There was no beta download in the directory where I would expect it to be,
so I assume the release date has slipped.

Can anyone comment on the current estimated release date?

Many thanks

Andrew Watt

Re: Cocoon 2.1 beta 1 - timing

Posted by Geoff Howard <co...@leverageweb.com>.
An important drive to finalize a portion of the API is being discussed by
developers as we speak.  After that process we could expect a beta release
relatively quickly.  You can try for a time estimate over there, but I
wouldn't expect anything better than "Real Soon Now" or "ASAP" because of
the difficulty in making that kind of guess  in an open development
environment.  It's safe to say it is being worked toward in earnest.  There
has been a recent informal call to freeze new features, for instance.

Browsing the recent archives for the developer list would yield more details.

Geoff Howard

Re: Cocoon 2.1 beta 1 - timing

Posted by Tony Collen <tc...@neuagency.com>.
On Fri, 7 Mar 2003, Andrew Watt wrote:

> Can anyone comment on the current estimated release date?

Hmm, "when it's ready?"   :)

All kidding aside, AFAIK, they're working on stabilizing the flowscript
layer before releasing 2.1.

Tony