Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Craig R. McClanahan" <Cr...@eng.sun.com> on 2001/02/02 18:29:18 UTC

Re: Catalina not starting ...

"Grobe, Gary" wrote:

> Tomcat built successfully, I'm not sure of what the below error means.
>
> (as root)
> ~/apache_home/bin/apachectl start
> ~/jakarta_home/build/tomcat-4.0/bin/catalina.sh start

It would appear that one of the settings in your server.xml file is
triggering this, but without seeing the file it is difficult to tell
exactly
what is happening.  Could you post the contents of your server.xml file?

Craig McClanahan

Reloadable not working

Posted by AC <sm...@lisea.com>.
Hi,
just a simple question.. I spend some times trying to disable the
reloadable flax in my context. The server.xml configuration is:
(I'm using virtual hosting)

<Host name="testA.mydomain..net" >
                 <Context path="/tf"
                         docBase="webapps/tf"
                         debug="0"
                         crossContext="true"
                         trusted="false"
                         reloadable="false" >
                 </Context>
  </Host>

In this manner nothing happens. If you read the remarks on server.xml you
notice that if you deploy your  application under  TOMCAT_HOME/webapps, the
engine will use some default such as reloadable=true. So I move my
application outside TOMCAT_HOME/webapps. After that the previous Jkmount
rules didn't work at all and, while i can call directly a jsp, once I call
a servlet, tomcat didn't respond and get 99.9% cpu time (I'm under FreeBsd
4.2).
Killing, trying and starting some times, I get  my application  working
outside TOMCAT_HOME/webapps (even if I had to use the ApJServMount instead
of jkmount ) but, again, the reloadable flag didn't work.
Any hints???
By the way, I did the same test on a win2000, without apache on port 8080,
but the reloadable flag didn't work again.
Where am I wrong?????
thank you
andrea