Posted to dev@calcite.apache.org by Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org> on 2016/03/23 17:33:03 UTC

Re: calcite git commit: Restore Avatica development version to 1.8.0-SNAPSHOT.

On Wed, Mar 23, 2016 at 9:14 AM,  <el...@apache.org> wrote:

> Restore Avatica development version to 1.8.0-SNAPSHOT.
>
> Looks like this got goofed up on the merge after 1.7.1.

I did the merge. I assumed you had a good reason to not set the
release back to 1.8.0-SNAPSHOT when you made the release, so I merged
the version number back in good faith.

Julian

Re: calcite git commit: Restore Avatica development version to 1.8.0-SNAPSHOT.

Posted by Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>.
We've done things a bit differently in the past. For example, when we
released calcite 1.5.0 we created branch-1.5. The commit after the
release, the last commit on branch-1.5, which is also on the master
branch, sets version to 1.6.0-SNAPSHOT. The idea was that if we needed
to make a 1.5.1 we'd force-push to branch-1.5.

I'm not saying that was right or wrong. Mainly my naivete; I accepted
the default when maven-release-plugin asked me what the next version
should be. It worked out OK, and kept the history linear, mainly
because maintenance releases are the exception rather than the rule.

Posted by Josh Elser <jo...@gmail.com>.