Posted to dev@roller.apache.org by Dave Johnson <da...@rollerweblogger.org> on 2005/08/26 17:50:10 UTC

Bug report migration and shared roadmap development

Linda Skrocki, the blogs.sun.com (BSC) project manager, is going to be
transferring Roller-specific RFEs and issues from our internal tracker
to Roller's JIRA instance. We've realized that tracking Roller bugs in
a separate and private system is not an optimal way to work with the
Roller dev community, plus its a pain in the butt.

Once we get our bugs and RFEs in JIRA, we'll assign the ones that we're
interested in developing to releases. We want to share BSC interests
and priorities to make it easier for us to coordinate with other
contributors. Maybe you'll want to help with some of our priorities or
maybe you have a different set altogether. Either way, a shared roadmap
should be helpful to us all.

- Dave

Re: Bug report migration and shared roadmap development

Posted by Dave Johnson <da...@rollerweblogger.org>.
On Aug 30, 2005, at 9:03 PM, Jeff Turner wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 26, 2005 at 02:14:04PM -0400, Noel J. Bergman wrote:
>> Dave Johnson wrote:
>>
>>> Linda Skrocki, the blogs.sun.com (BSC) project manager, is going to
>>> be
>>> transferring Roller-specific RFEs and issues from our internal
>>> tracker
>>> to Roller's JIRA instance.
>>
>> Do we have a plan, yet, to migrate to the ASF's JIRA instance?
>
> Internal tracker -> Roller JIRA can go ahead whenever people are ready.
>
> ASF JIRA += Roller JIRA is going to take a while though, because it
> involves some major database surgery.  I'll look into updating the
> script
> that did it for Forrest, but can't promise any migration timetable.

The internal tracker -> Roller JIRA is under way.

Please let us know what you find out about the Roller JIRA -> ASF JIRA
move.

FYI: There will probably be a lot of churn in the Roller JIRA over the
next month as we are preparing for a major release and at the same
time, trying to sort out a roadmap.

- Dave

Posted by Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>.

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
Dave Johnson wrote:
> Noel J. Bergman wrote:
> > Do we have a plan, yet, to migrate to the ASF's JIRA instance?

> I would like to do that as soon as possible.
> What do we need to do to get started?

We should ask Jeff, which is why I had cc'ed him.  :-)

	--- Noel

Re: Bug report migration and shared roadmap development

Posted by Dave Johnson <da...@rollerweblogger.org>.

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.