Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Shane Petroff <sh...@mayet.ca> on 2007/02/27 00:05:08 UTC

jscookMenu

Hello,

I'm having two seemingly very strange problems with the jscookMenu
component.

The first problem relates to navigation. I embedded a jscMenu inside a
dataTable to act as something comparable to a right-click menu on a rich
application. The menu works sort of the way one might expect, and calls
the underlying bean actions. However, row selection on the table is not
set, and navigation handling seems whacked thereafter (particularly with
respect to the back button). I have a hard time even describing what
goes on after using this embedded menu, because it seems that the
regular commandLinks all get broken in spite of the fact that they
worked fine before using the embedded menu. E.g. click on a commandLink
(navigation works), click back, click menu (navigation works), click
back, click on the previous commandLink and nav is broken, you are taken
back to the screen handled by the menu. I know this is not enough
information to go on in order to debug this problem, but what sort of
components have people used to perform context sensitive navigation from
within a table?

The other problem I'm having with jscMenu is even more baffling to me. I
cannot get the menu to appear at all. This is just a little test menu,
and it refuses to be processed at all. It is behaving as though the menu
definition is placed within a verbatim, but clearly it is not. That is,
if I view the source html on a page generated with this menu in place, I
still see the jsp syntax, nothing has been translated to html/js. The
test menu was copy/pasted from another page where it works fine, so
there is no issue with the menu definition itself. I've tried putting
the menu in it's own form, but that did nothing. The only thing
different about this particular page is that the vast majority of
content on the page is built in java code, not jsp. I don't know what
difference that could make, because every other component specified in
jsp works as expected, but the menu is hosed.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

--
Shane