Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Xin Li <xi...@gmail.com> on 2012/08/22 18:41:11 UTC

Index version & generation for Solr 3.5

Hi,

I ran into an issue lately with Index version & generation for Solr 3.5.

In Solr 1.4., the index version of slave service increments upon each
replication. However, I noticed it's not the case for Solr 3.5; the
index version would increase 20, or 30 after replication. Does anyone
know why and any reference on the web for this?
The index generation does still increment after replication though.

Thanks,

Xin

Re: Index version & generation for Solr 3.5

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
This is quite possible if you have multiple commits
between replications. You should _not_ depend on
the version number of an index changing in a pre-defined
way, it'll increase on a commit, but that's about all you
can really count on...

The slaves do not increment the index version, they just
get it from the master...

Best
Erick