Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by Wei-Chiu Chuang <we...@cloudera.com.INVALID> on 2019/10/29 02:44:55 UTC

Hadoop meetup at Yahoo this Tuesday evening

Hi,
I don't think this meetup information is shared in the user mailing list,
so here it is:
https://www.meetup.com/hadoop/events/265963792

Join us at Yahoo’s HQ for awesome presentations (Uber, eBay, Cloudera,
Yahoo/Verizon Media), conversations, & networking! Pizza & refreshments
will be served!

[Location & Parking]

Yahoo Campus, 701 1st Ave, Sunnyvale (Building C, Classroom 4)

Please park in the garage attached to Building C, on the 3rd floor.

[Agenda]

5 - 5:45
Pizza, cookies, refreshments, & networking

5:45 - 6
Welcome & Intros

6 - 6:45
Raising the performance bar for stream processing with Apache Storm 2.0
Roshan Naik, Lead - Real-time Compute Platform, Uber

The effort to rearchitect Storm's core engine was born from the observation
that there exists a significant gap between hardware capabilities and the
performance of the best streaming engines. In this talk, we’ll take a look
at the performance and architecture of Storm's new engine which features a
leaner threading model, a lock free messaging subsystem and a new
ultra-lightweight Back Pressure model.

6:45 - 7:15
Quick Intro to Maha: Open source framework for rapid reporting API
development; with out of the box support for high cardinality dimension
lookups with Druid
Pranav Bhole, Sr Software Engineer, Verizon Media

7:15 - 7:45
HDFS Cluster Optimization in eBay
Yiqun Lin, Hadoop Team, eBay + Apache Hadoop Committer / PMC member

On eBay, we have many large HDFS clusters with thousands of nodes. We face
many stability/data availability problems in our cluster. Today we want to
share some optimizations we did in the system layer or HDFS level to
improve our clusters. Besides, that makes our cluster more stable than
before.

7:45 - 8:15
Ozone - Object Storage for Big Data
Arpit Agarwal, Senior Engineering Manager - Storage Team, Cloudera

Ozone is an Object Store for big data that is designed to keep the best
parts of HDFS while scaling to billions of files. Ozone is designed to
support the Hadoop ecosystem with applications like MapReduce, Hive, Spark,
and Impala working out of the box. This talk gives an overview of the Ozone
architecture and describes how we approached solving some of the scale
limitations of HDFS. We will also look at the current state and future
roadmap.

8:15 - 8:35
Storm 2.0 - Features and Performance Enhancements
Kishor Patil, Principal Software Engineer, Verizon Media + Apache Storm PMC