Posted to users@maven.apache.org by motes motes <mo...@gmail.com> on 2010/08/20 15:50:35 UTC

Multiple build types for a submodule (bundle and artifact)?

Is it possible in a maven submodule pom file to specify that it should
build a normal artifact jar and a felix bundle during the packaging
phase?

It works fine for each case separately  (using the felix plugin for
the bundle case) but the problem is that the bundle version cannot be
used as a dependency in another pure maven module. Thats why I want to
build two versions of the module.

Re: Multiple build types for a submodule (bundle and artifact)?

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
> It works fine for each case separately  (using the felix plugin for
> the bundle case) but the problem is that the bundle version cannot be
> used as a dependency in another pure maven module. Thats why I want to
> build two versions of the module.

The build-helper plugin should probably be able to do what you're asking.

If not... build the normal artifact jar in this project, and then use
another project (pom.xml) that pulls in that artifact, and modifies it
so that it become a bundle. I don't know the felix plugin but assume
it can do this.

Also, I'd expect the Felix people might have better suggestions since
this is their plugin. You should ask them.

Wayne