Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by d0t <d0...@yahoo.com> on 2013/05/30 23:26:27 UTC

v0.8 in production?

Hi,
We are interested in switching from 0.7.2 to v0.8 before an upcoming production launch deadline, mainly for bug fixes and replication capability.  I've noticed numerous people on this mailing list have already started using v0.8 with good success.  Two questions on this:

-Can you share some details around message volumes v0.8 deployments handling today?  (in production!)
-If we do not intend to modify Kafka or write Scala code in the immediate, are there any benefits to using the forked versions which support Scala v2.9+?  We would rather just wait for this to be fixed in the main branch...

Thanks for your help & inputs :)

Re: v0.8 in production?

Posted by Jun Rao <ju...@gmail.com>.
For 0.8 branch should be able to cross compile to Scala 2.9.

Thanks,

Jun