Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by Mukul Gandhi <mu...@apache.org> on 2018/07/29 05:40:10 UTC

java project build question, in eclipse IDE

Hi all,
   I apologize for cross posting to, two Xerces lists.

I need some help from the community here. Its an Eclipse question (Version:
Luna Release 4.4.0 Build id: 20140612-0600), while I'm working with Xerces
source code.

I've following three Java projects within my Eclipse workspace.
1) This project is the Xerces source code from the location,
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/xerces/java/branches/xml-schema-1.1-dev/.
2) This project is the Xerces source code from the location,
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/xerces/java/trunk/.
3) This is my own application Java project, that simply does SAX and DOM
parsing with validation.

In the "Java Build Path" of project 3) mentioned above, I've specified
project 1) as dependency. Projects 1) & 2) build fine. But project 3) gives
me compilation error, that classes like javax.xml.validation.SchemaFactory
not found. Can someone please suggest, how I can fix this? I've also tried
starting Eclipse with option -clean, but that doesn't help. Its been 1-2
weeks, that I'm trying to solve this problem, but haven't found solution
yet :( I would be happy for any help.

I'm using JDK 1.4.2 within the mentioned Eclipse workspace.

Mukul Gandhi

Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: java project build question, in eclipse IDE

Posted by Christophe Marchand <cm...@oxiane.com>.
I vote for Java 7 as a minimum for Xerces 2.12.xxx

There is still a lot of very old desktop computers with java 6 & swing
applications. And maintainers need strong arguments to migrate to recent
JDKs.

Removing support for pre-java 7 in Xerces will be a strong-enough argument.

Christophe

Posted by David Dillard <Da...@veritas.com>.

Posted by David Dillard <Da...@veritas.com>.

Posted by Mukul Gandhi <mu...@apache.org>.

Posted by Mukul Gandhi <mu...@apache.org>.

Posted by Elliotte Rusty Harold <el...@ibiblio.org>.
"I'm member of Xerces dev team. To develop for XSD 1.1 we need JDK
1.4, and to develop for trunk we need JDK 1.3."

--
Elliotte Rusty Harold
elharo@ibiblio.org

Re: java project build question, in eclipse IDE

Posted by Elliotte Rusty Harold <el...@ibiblio.org>.

--
Elliotte Rusty Harold
elharo@ibiblio.org

Re: java project build question, in eclipse IDE

Posted by Mukul Gandhi <mu...@apache.org>.

Posted by Mukul Gandhi <mu...@apache.org>.

Posted by Elliotte Rusty Harold <el...@ibiblio.org>.

--
Elliotte Rusty Harold
elharo@ibiblio.org

Re: java project build question, in eclipse IDE

Posted by Elliotte Rusty Harold <el...@ibiblio.org>.

--
Elliotte Rusty Harold
elharo@ibiblio.org