Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by MANISH SINGLA <co...@gmail.com> on 2011/02/26 08:28:52 UTC

kmeans

Hii
I m facing a problem...I m not able to run the kmeans clustering algo
on a singls node...till now I have just run the wordcount
program...what are the steps in doing so???

Re: kmeans

Posted by Marco Didonna <m....@gmail.com>.
On 02/26/2011 02:27 PM, MANISH SINGLA wrote:
> actually I have kmeansMapper,reducer and driver
> files...seperately...and now I want to execute them on the
> terminal...using Hadoop...what are the steps that I should
> follow...e.g.when running the wordcount program...its simply preseent
> in the hadoop-examples.jar...but kmeans is not...so I have taken the
> code from the net...and want to run it...plzz help!!!
> thank you
> Manish

As you see in the wordcount example
http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/WordCount you need to create a driver
class which will instruct hadoop about which class is the mapper, which
one the reducer etc...try making your code look like the example and
then run the class you'll create :)

MD

Re: kmeans

Posted by MANISH SINGLA <co...@gmail.com>.
actually I have kmeansMapper,reducer and driver
files...seperately...and now I want to execute them on the
terminal...using Hadoop...what are the steps that I should
follow...e.g.when running the wordcount program...its simply preseent
in the hadoop-examples.jar...but kmeans is not...so I have taken the
code from the net...and want to run it...plzz help!!!
thank you
Manish

Re: kmeans

Posted by Varadharajan Mukundan <sr...@gmail.com>.