Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by Dan Tran <da...@gmail.com> on 2011/12/15 08:36:35 UTC

Infamous permgen leak

Hello Karaf Team

Each time I reinstall/update a feature at runtime, my karaf loses some
permgen. Amount depending on number to classes I have.  Is there any
one able to address this issue?

Setting JVM to  -XX:+CMSPermGenSweepingEnabled
-XX:+CMSClassUnloadingEnabled  doesnot help.

-Dan

Re: Infamous permgen leak

Posted by Dan Tran <da...@gmail.com>.
It is about feature to be loaded in and out of karaf dynamically.  So
I guess is a known issue to 'java', karaf is not an exception :(

Wonder if ACE can solve this issue

-D

Re: Infamous permgen leak

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Dan,

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: How to set up the remote debug with karaf in eclipse indigo

Posted by Freeman Fang <fr...@gmail.com>.
IIRC, in eclipse "Debug Configurations" panel, if you create a "Remote
Java Application" debug, the default port is 8000 but not the expected
5005, you may need double check this property in your eclipse "Debug
Configurations"

Freeman

Posted by Andreas Pieber <an...@gmail.com>.
interesting; does it work for you if you download karaf seperately; set
KARAF_DEBUG=1; start it and attach the remote debugger? Just to make sure
it's an issue of EIP and not of your platform/karaf/whatever in general

Kind regards,
Andreas

On Thu, Dec 15, 2011 at 11:23, XiLai Dai <xl...@talend.com> wrote:

>  Finally, the error gone after I replaced the eik-0.5.2 with eik-0.5.3
> manually. ****
>
> Seems the eik plugin which installed from update site is not up-to-date.**
> **
>
> ** **
>
> Thanks Freeman, Lukasz!****
>
> Xilai****
>
> ** **

But still got the same error ☹ when try to debug a bundle project.

Thanks.
Xilai
For windows users it won't be a export, it will be
set KARAF_DEBUG=1

You can also add KARAF_DEBUG as user environment variable, but then every time when'll start karaf you'll get a debug turned on, which might slow a bit JVM.

Regards,
Lukasz

Hi,

Try to use
export KARAF_DEBUG=true
in the shell where you launch karaf to see if there's any difference, seems the "bin/karaf debug" is incorrect, you should be able to see output like
karaf: Enabling Java debug options: -Xdebug -Xnoagent -Djava.compiler=NONE -Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,server=y,suspend=n,address=5005

On 2011-12-15, at 下午4:20, XiLai Dai wrote:

Hello,

Does anybody has the experience which setting up the debug environment with eclipse indigo?

I did the following steps:
1. install EIK plugin from update site: http://svn.codespot.com/a/eclipselabs.org/eik/trunk/features/info.evanchik.eclipse.karaf.update/
2. follow the steps of http://code.google.com/a/eclipselabs.org/p/eik/wiki/UsingEIK

Then , start karaf 2.2.4 with debug option:   Listening for transport dt_socket at address: 5005
Debug a bundle project from eclipse IDE, but always got:

Failed to connect to remote VM. Connection refused.
Connection refused: connect

Thanks.
Xilai

Freeman Fang

FuseSource
Email:f<ma...@fusesource.com>
Web: fusesource.com<http://fusesource.com/>
Twitter: freemanfang
Blog: http://freemanfang.blogspot.com<http://freemanfang.blogspot.com/>

Posted by Łukasz Dywicki <lu...@code-house.org>.
Xilai,

Posted by Łukasz Dywicki <lu...@code-house.org>.

Posted by Freeman Fang <fr...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Re: Infamous permgen leak

Posted by Dan Tran <da...@gmail.com>.
I have noticed the leak since 2.2.2. Let me do some measurement ( via
JConsole ) on other features other than mine, and let you know

Thanks

-Dan

Re: Infamous permgen leak

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.