Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Nayan Hajratwala <na...@chikli.com> on 2010/10/13 16:13:52 UTC

naming now that Maven 3 is out..

Kind of a random thought -- now that Maven 3 is out, are all those "M2" based names going to be changed to "M3", or more preferably a non-version specific name?

i.e. M2_HOME, m2eclipse, etc.?

---
Nayan Hajratwala
http://agileshrugged.com
http://twitter.com/nhajratw
734.658.6032

Re: naming now that Maven 3 is out..

Posted by Xavier Carpentier <x....@greenivory.com>.
Hi,
and other : *.m2*/settings.xml ?
Bye
--

Carpentier Xavier
Ingénieur Développement - x.carpentier@greenivory.com

*GreenIvory Europe*
10 rue Saint Wendelin
67500 Haguenau
France 	*GreenIvory America*
Suite 200
3608 Shannon Road
Durham NC 27707
USA
Tél. 	+33 9 50 53 10 34 	Tel. 	+1 (617) 862-2319
Fax 	+33 9 50 53 10 34 	Fax 	+1 (919) 493-8837
GSM 	+33 6 68 81 87 68

Consider the environment. Don't print this e-mail unless you need to.
To avoid excessive data transfer, we've removed our logo.

Posted by "Haszlakiewicz, Eric" <EH...@transunion.com>.
Thank you.

So, based on the three different urls below, plus the installation instructions at http://maven.apache.org/download.html#Installation, it seems like a summary of the current status is:
   The Maven 3 user directory is still .m2
   The Maven 3 environment variable is still M2_HOME
   A new environment variable may be used in the future (M3_HOME? MVN_HOME?), but if it's not set maven will fallback to using M2_HOME
   The user directory may change to .mvn in the future, but what happens if a .m2 directory already exists hasn't been decided yet.

eric

Posted by Paul Benedict <pb...@apache.org>.
Eric, you can look at these:

Posted by Neil Hunt <nw...@vsticorp.com>.
It looks like he's also using the luminary jar, do you have that one
too?
On Thu, 2010-10-14 at 11:33 -0500, Haszlakiewicz, Eric wrote:

> [...]

This e-mail and any attachments are for the intended recipient(s) only and may contain proprietary, confidential material. If you are not the intended recipient, (even if the email address above is yours) do not use, retain, copy or disclose any part of this communication or any attachment as it is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you believe that you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and permanently delete. This email may be a personal communication from the sender and as such does not represent the views of the company.

RE: naming now that Maven 3 is out..

Posted by "Haszlakiewicz, Eric" <EH...@transunion.com>.

Posted by Paul Benedict <pb...@apache.org>.
I brought the issue up back then and it got at least pushed to 3.1

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.