Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by isha b <is...@gmail.com> on 2008/11/04 10:18:34 UTC

Re: [users@httpd] 502 proxy error

Thank you all,

I have increased with Keep Alive upto 300 sec as well No KeepAlive option
buyt the reult is still negative. Still it is throwing the below error

*proxy*: *Error reading from remote server returned* by /..."
proxy: error reading status line from remote server

Further I read in groups that the httpd 2.2.3 might have some bugs which is
causing the problem. Hence I have upgraded my apache to httpd 2.2.10 . Now
the performance is better but still around 40% of the time its end up with
proxy error.

my backend server is on ISS and reverse proxy is on Fedora 6 on httpd 2.2.10

Thanks
Isha

Posted by isha b <is...@gmail.com>.
Thank you Alex,

The reverse proxy error log doesn't show any BAD GATEWAY error, The errors
are as below

[Mon Nov 03 18:08:49 2008] [error] [client 121.242.16.5] proxy: error
reading status line from remote server xx.xx.xx.xx

[Mon Nov 03 18:08:49 2008] [error] [client 121.242.16.5] proxy: Error
reading from remote server returned by /AppTool/

[Mon Nov 03 18:10:11 2008] [error] [client 121.242.16.5] proxy: error
reading status line from remote server xx.xx.xx.xx

[Mon Nov 03 18:10:11 2008] [error] [client 121.242.16.5] proxy: Error
reading from remote server returned by /AppTool/

However I am going to give a try as you adviced.  I will update the result
later

Thanks
Isha

Posted by Alexandru David Constantinescu <al...@gmail.com>.