Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by kal123 <kp...@gmail.com> on 2013/10/23 19:52:49 UTC

non-persistence msgs very slow with levedb

We see only 1-4 per second msgs when we use leveldb and msg are
non-persistence and consumers are running.  With kahadb the rate is 6000
msgper/sec.
what could be the reason for this big difference and leveldb should even
play a role since there are non-persistence msg right?

Re: non-persistence msgs very slow with levedb

Posted by Matt Pavlovich <ma...@gmail.com>.
Double check that you aren't hitting a memory limit and the broker swapping the messages to the temp store.  Either way, it shouldn't be that much slower.

Do you have a reproducible unit test that you could share to open a ticket?

Posted by Christian Posta <ch...@gmail.com>.
Can you please hack up a unit test that shows this behavior? It would be
great to see what's going on in your use case.

Maybe take a look at this and use LevelDB instead:

https://github.com/apache/activemq/blob/trunk/activemq-unit-tests/src/test/java/org/apache/activemq/JMSUsecaseTest.java

On Wed, Oct 30, 2013 at 6:41 AM, kal123 <kp...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I didn't understand why leveldb had the impact either, same conf. works
> when
> we us kahadb..
> For now we changed the nonpersistence queues to use vmcursors and it seem
> much better..

*Christian Posta*
http://www.christianposta.com/blog
twitter: @christianposta

Re: non-persistence msgs very slow with levedb

Posted by Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com>.
non-persistent messages are never stored in leveldb so that should not
be a factor.

On Wed, Oct 23, 2013 at 1:52 PM, kal123 <kp...@gmail.com> wrote:
> We see only 1-4 per second msgs when we use leveldb and msg are
> non-persistence and consumers are running.  With kahadb the rate is 6000
> msgper/sec.
> what could be the reason for this big difference and leveldb should even
> play a role since there are non-persistence msg right?

Hiram Chirino

Engineering | Red Hat, Inc.

hchirino@redhat.com | fusesource.com | redhat.com

blog: Hiram Chirino's Bit Mojo