Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Falko Wiese <Fa...@data-experts.de> on 2003/12/15 11:22:33 UTC

problems with logging (message priority level)

Hi,

we wrote our own xsl stylesheet for parsing ant log infos. With the
message priorities (debug, info, warn, error) we want to decide whether
our build run is complete, failed etc. We use ant version 1.5.4.

The output for the command 'ant -logger org.apache.tools.ant.XmlLogger
-Dant.XmlLogger.stylesheet.uri=<stylesheet> -logfile <logfile>  -verbose
<targets> >/dev/null 2>&1' is the following:

                                        <message
priority="error"><![CDATA[                   ^]]></message>

                                        <message
priority="error"><![CDATA[17 warnings]]></message>

                                </task>

                        </target>

                </task>

Has anyone an idea, why the message priority is not 'warn'? Thanks a lot
for help,

Falko Wiese.

Re: problems with logging (message priority level)

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Mon, 15 Dec 2003, Peter Reilly <pe...@corvil.com> wrote:

> I think we should change the priority in this case to warning.

+1

> This is of course not backward compatible.

So we have to document it.

Stefan

Re: problems with logging (message priority level)

Posted by Peter Reilly <pe...@corvil.com>.
This problem came up before in a different context (but
I forgot to follow it up).
The logging for stderr is set to priority error unless the task
is run in a different jvm, in which case it is at level warning.

This is inconsistent and it would appear to be incorrect to set
the priority to "error".

I think we should change the priority in this case to warning. This
is of course not backward compatible.

Peter

Posted by Peter Reilly <pe...@corvil.com>.