Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jean-Luc BEAUDET <be...@toolchest.cyber.kodak.com> on 2001/10/19 15:18:21 UTC

Apache with EAPI

    Hi all,

Well the first question is not directly connected with Tomcat, but
rather Apache 1.3.20
 I'm runnin' under Solaris 8 on a sun4u box/server.
i ftped the sources of Apache 1.3.20 and tried to compile such this way:

#!/bin/sh

# Installation de Apache 1.3.20

# Declaration des options

cd ./apache_1.3.20 && clear

CC='gcc' CXX='gcc' \
LIBS='-lpthread' \
OPTIM='-O6 -mcpu=v8 -Wa,-xarch=v8plusa' \
CXXFLAGS='-O6 -mcpu=v8 -Wa,-xarch=v8plusa -felide-constructors
-fno-exceptions -fno-rtti' \
./configure \
--verbose \
--target=mohican \
--with-layout=Solaris_mohican \
--with-perl=/usr/bin/perl \
--enable-rule=EAPI \
--enable-module=all \
--enable-shared=max  \
--disable-module=auth_db

make
make test

I know that is correct except the --enable-rule=EAPI ( i took this info
from a NewsGroup )
I need this option cause i canno't at all install mod_perl as a dso !
Any idea ?

I installed Tomcat 4.01 on my server and tested it OK.
I connected it with Apache by the way of mod_webbap; i can get and run
all of the examples jsp and servlets.

Then i added a context in server.xml

<!-- Cecile Project Context -->
        <Context path="/cecile" docBase="cecile"
         debug="0" privileged="true"/>

So the examples keep on runnin' OK and  /cecile/my_servlet goes well
too.
But nothing to do with my jsps

Any help is welcome.

Regards.    Jean-Luc :O)

Re: Apache with EAPI

Posted by Jean-Luc BEAUDET <be...@toolchest.cyber.kodak.com>.
Pier Fumagalli a écrit :

> Jean-Luc BEAUDET at beaudet@toolchest.cyber.kodak.com wrote:
>
> > Then i added a context in server.xml
> >
> > <!-- Cecile Project Context -->
> >       <Context path="/cecile" docBase="cecile"
> >        debug="0" privileged="true"/>
> >
> > So the examples keep on runnin' OK and  /cecile/my_servlet goes well
> > too. But nothing to do with my jsps
>
> Where did you add that declaration in server.xml?
>
>     Pier

Hi Pier ,

Thank you for yur answer.
I just add this Context in
$CATALINA_HOME/conf/server.xml inside the <Host> tag

       <ResourceParams name="mail/Session">
            <parameter>
              <name>mail.smtp.host</name>
              <value>localhost</value>
            </parameter>
          </ResourceParams>
        </Context>

        <!-- Cecile Project Context -->
        <Context path="/cecile" docBase="cecile"
         debug="0" privileged="true"/>

      </Host>

    </Engine>

  </Service>

BTW: yu answered to Win PEETERS about a Warp Connector pb that

4.0.1 is broken... Use the last nightly snapshot available at
http://nagoya.apache.org/~pier/

    Pier
Could yu explain wath yu mean ? Cause i feel getting some pb with
Tomcat/Apache when my Server will enter
a production state..

Best regards
JL ;O)