Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Vikas Phonsa <VP...@suz.com> on 2004/12/15 23:33:16 UTC

webservices security

Hi Everybody,

I want to know what kinda security mechanisms are people in this list
using for their web services exposed on the Internet.

There is just too much information on the Internet and I find it hard to
make sense out of it.

My web services would be running in websphere and so would be using the
axis based runtime that comes with websphere.

Thanks in advance.

Vikas

Re: webservices security

Posted by Lyndon Tiu <lt...@alumni.sfu.ca>.
Vikas Phonsa wrote:

>Hi Everybody,
>
>I want to know what kinda security mechanisms are people in this list
>using for their web services exposed on the Internet.

We use SSL encryption only for web services open to everyone on the
internet.

We use SSL encryption and authentication for "private" web services. We
also use firewalls for "private" web services.

--
Lyndon Tiu

Re: webservices security

Posted by pr...@gmail.com.
Hi

u can use the WSS4J to achive  web services securiry for axis

G J Asanka Priyanjith

--
G. J. Asanka Priyanjith
+94714817244