Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Ritz Blade <ri...@yahoo.co.uk> on 2005/05/22 01:26:12 UTC

SOAPAction MimeHeader not being set in AXIS 1.1

Hi

I am currently using Axis 1.1 to consume from a 3rd party .Net Web Service.

I am using the SAAJ API available within the Axis 1.1 package.

In my java code, I am declaring an object of type MimeHeaders and
setting the SOAPAction to be what has been asked by the Web Service
provider.

Code
import javax.xml.soap.MimeHeaders;
private MimeHeaders hd;
private String SOAPAction;
hd = message.getMimeHeaders();
SOAPAction = http://www.mywebsite.com/RegisterData";

hd.addHeader("SOAPAction", SOAPAction);

..END of CODE

However when I send the SOAPMessage and view the SOAPMessage being sent
the SOAPAction has been set to NULL string.
However this exact same code works against Axis 1.2. However the
requirement is that Axis 1.1 be used.

Unfortunately, moving to Axis 1.2 is not an option. The Web Service
being called is not a problem either because SAAJ API removes the mime
header SOAPAction prior to it being sent to the Web Service. The Web
Service is a .NET Web Service and it cannot respond without having a
SOAPAction in the SoAP MEssage from the consumer.

Has anyone seen this problem. In case you have any suggestions or know
what's the best way of getting around this I shall be grateful if you
can share your thoughts.

Regards
Ritz