Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com> on 2010/01/26 20:01:27 UTC

usage of compression filter

Hi,
I see the following code from CompressionFilterTest:
        session.setAttribute(CompressionFilter.class.getName() +
".Deflater",
                deflater);
        mockSession.setDefaultMatcher(new DataMatcher());
        mockSession.setReturnValue(null, MockControl.ONE);

        session.setAttribute(CompressionFilter.class.getName() +
".Inflater",
                inflater);
I am wondering if session.setAttribute() calls are required when we use
compression filter.

Currently we use this code:
connector.getFilterChain().addLast("compression", new CompressionFilter());

connector is a NioSocketConnector.

I observed a strange behavior with compression filter enabled: after roughly
570000 RPC calls, RPC call would timeout.
Without compression filte, there is no issue.

Please help us with the usage of compression filter.

Thanks

Re: usage of compression filter

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
We use 2.0.0-RC1

I don't have thread dump because I was experiencing timeout.

Posted by Emmanuel LŽcharny <el...@gmail.com>.

Which MINA version, btw ?

Any thread dump available ?