Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Mina Aslani <as...@gmail.com> on 2018/11/28 18:44:10 UTC

Do we need to kill a spark job every time we change and deploy it?

Hi,

I have a question for you.
Do we need to kill a spark job every time we change and deploy it to
cluster? Or, is there a way for Spark to automatically pick up the recent
jar version?

Best regards,
Mina

回复:Do we need to kill a spark job every time we change and deploy it?

Posted by 965 <10...@qq.com>.
I think if your job is running and you want to deploy a new jar which is the new version for the other, spark will think the new jar is another job ,
they distinguish job by  Job ID , so if you want to replace the jar ,you have to kil job every time;

Posted by Irving Duran <ir...@gmail.com>.
Are you referring to have spark picking up a new jar build?  If so, you can
probably script that on bash.

Thank You,

Irving Duran