Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Adrienne Kole <ad...@gmail.com> on 2016/11/22 09:14:51 UTC

Flink Streaming Data Source Node

Hi,

I recognized that, if  the number of data input sources are less than or
equal to number of slots in one node, they (input source operators) are all
deployed in the same node. What is the logic behind this? Can't this be a
bottleneck for throughput and distribution of input sources?

Thanks
Adrienne

Re: Flink Streaming Data Source Node

Posted by Robert Metzger <rm...@apache.org>.
Hi,
I'm not sure if I fully understood your question. The number of input
sources is always less or equal to the number of slots in one node.

Usually source instances are equally distributed among the parallel workers
(TaskManagers). Maybe this document describing the deployment model is also
helpful:
https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-release-1.2/concepts/index.html#workers-slots-resources