Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by je...@apache.org on 2003/01/23 06:28:36 UTC

cvs commit: xml-forrest/src/resources/fresh-site/src/documentation/content/xdocs book.xml

jefft       2003/01/22 21:28:36

  Removed:     src/resources/fresh-site/src/documentation/content/xdocs
                        book.xml
  Log:
  Remove book.xml in favour of site.xml-generated menus

Re: cvs commit: xml-forrest/src/resources/fresh-site/src/documentation/content/xdocs book.xml

Posted by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org>.

Steven Noels wrote:
> jefft@apache.org wrote:
>
>> jefft       2003/01/22 21:28:36
>>
>>   Removed:     src/resources/fresh-site/src/documentation/content/xdocs
>>                         book.xml
>>   Log:
>>   Remove book.xml in favour of site.xml-generated menus
>

> {thumbs up}

I'd like to remember that as a general concept, book.xmls seem to be
needed in some cases (not this one, I agree).

For example, if the build process prebuilds some content that originally
wasn't planned (for example some reports, that can be 1, 2... 2000), the
best thing seems to be able to "mount" the generated docs dir with its
own book.xml.

For this case though, it might be even better to be able to mount a
subsite.xml file in the original one. Basically the main site.xml would
esplicitly define that it will inclusde in a certain point of the
descriptor the contents of subsite.xml.

No?

             - verba volant, scripta manent -

Re: cvs commit: xml-forrest/src/resources/fresh-site/src/documentation/content/xdocs book.xml

Posted by Steven Noels <st...@outerthought.org>.
jefft@apache.org wrote:
> jefft       2003/01/22 21:28:36
>
>   Removed:     src/resources/fresh-site/src/documentation/content/xdocs
>                         book.xml
>   Log:
>   Remove book.xml in favour of site.xml-generated menus

{thumbs up}

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org