Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by StefanGl <st...@gmail.com> on 2012/12/03 19:45:00 UTC

Schema for Booking Engine

Hello,

first: I'm very new to solr. I'm planning to create an Booking Search Engine
for Yachts. The target is to ask some questions like this: "Find all free
yachts in croatia in june 2013 with 3 cabines and a total cost per week
lower than 1000,- EUR". Then some facets (Manufacturer, Build Year,
Available Discounts etc.) should help refinening the query.

My question is, which scheme should I use to store the free (or maybe
booked) weeks in solr? Normally a yacht is booked from saturday to saturday
for a specific price. Depending on the date I create a contract with the
charter base, I can get an early booking discount or an last minute
discount. Sometimes a yacht has also destination discounts for some weeks of
the year. The yacht data with their availabilities can updated every day.

An small example of the yacht data I have:

<yachts>
<yacht>
  <manufacturer>Dufour</manufacturer>
  <boatType>385</boatType>
  <length>11.72</length>
  <area>Croatia</area>
  <habour>Zadar</habour>
  <builtYear>2012</builtYear>
  <cabines>3</cabines>
  <prices>
    <price>
      <from>2013-06-01</from>
      <to>2013-06-07</to>
      <standardPrice>1200</standardPrice>
      <earlyBookingDiscount>120<earlyBookingDiscount>
      <lastMinuteDiscount>0</lastMinuteDiscount>
      <destinationDiscount>0</destinationDiscount>
      <bookingState>free</bookingState>
    </price>
    <price>
      <from>2013-06-08</from>
      <to>2013-06-14</to>
      <standardPrice>1400</standardPrice>
      <earlyBookingDiscount>140<earlyBookingDiscount>
      <lastMinuteDiscount>0</lastMinuteDiscount>
      <destinationDiscount>0</destinationDiscount>
      <bookingState>booked</bookingState>
    </price>
    <price>
      <from>2013-06-15</from>
      <to>2013-06-21</to>
      <standardPrice>1400</standardPrice>
      <earlyBookingDiscount>140<earlyBookingDiscount>
      <lastMinuteDiscount>0</lastMinuteDiscount>
      <destinationDiscount>0</destinationDiscount>
      <bookingState>free</bookingState>
    </price>
    <price>
      <from>2013-06-22</from>
      <to>2013-06-28</to>
      <standardPrice></standardPrice>
      <earlyBookingDiscount>0<earlyBookingDiscount>
      <lastMinuteDiscount>0</lastMinuteDiscount>
      <destinationDiscount>0</destinationDiscount>
      <bookingState>maintenance</bookingState>
    </price>
  </prices>
</yacht>
</yachts>

It would be nice, if someone could help me to find a good solr scheme for my
problem.

Best regards,
Stefan