Posted to httpclient-users@hc.apache.org by Varun Gupta <va...@gmail.com> on 2006/07/12 13:32:46 UTC

Sending serialized objects to Servlet using HttpClient

Hi,

I am trying to use HttpClient to send serialized objects to a servlet. Can
somebody please point me to the exact methods I can use to do that ?

Also, I want to use the Timeout methods of httpclient (and this is why I am
not using URLConnection to send serialized objects).

Thanks in Advance
Varun

Re: Sending serialized objects to Servlet using HttpClient

Posted by Roland Weber <ht...@dubioso.net>.
Hello Varun,

> I am trying to use HttpClient to send serialized objects to a servlet. Can
> somebody please point me to the exact methods I can use to do that ?

The mailing list archive is your friend. For example:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/jakarta-httpclient-user/200603.mbox/%3c4411CE76.80805@dubioso.net%3e
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/jakarta-httpclient-user/200604.mbox/%3c4439518E.10308@gmail.com%3e
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/jakarta-httpclient-user/200606.mbox/%3c448861F5.10902@dubioso.net%3e

> Also, I want to use the Timeout methods of httpclient (and this is why I am
> not using URLConnection to send serialized objects).

You mean these?
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/httpclient/apidocs/org/apache/commons/httpclient/params/HttpConnectionParams.html#setConnectionTimeout(int)
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/httpclient/apidocs/org/apache/commons/httpclient/params/HttpConnectionParams.html#setSoTimeout(int)

The parameterization framework is explained here:
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/httpclient/preference-api.html

cheers,
  Roland

Re: Sending serialized objects to Servlet using HttpClient

Posted by Roland Weber <RO...@de.ibm.com>.
Hi David,

> Hi!, sure... I already crete a profile on the wiki, can you create a new
> structure for this "common faq questions" and later today or tomorrow
I'll
> begin posting this example in this new structure, or do you want me to
> create this too?.

Just create a new page, for example HowToPostSerializedObjects.
You can link it from the user section of the entry page.
We can always rearrange later.

cheers,
  Roland

Re: Sending serialized objects to Servlet using HttpClient

Posted by David Castañeda <da...@gmail.com>.

On 7/12/06, Roland Weber <ht...@dubioso.net> wrote:

> Hello David,
>
> > I'was thinking in writing a simple tutorial about this... are the core
> > members interested.???
>
> that would be a welcome contribution. I was pondering to create
> a wiki page for some of those frequently asked design questions.
> If you feel like wiki editing and have the time for it, go ahead!
>
> cheers,
>   Roland

David Castañeda R.

Re: Sending serialized objects to Servlet using HttpClient

Posted by Roland Weber <ht...@dubioso.net>.
Hello David,

Posted by David Castañeda <da...@gmail.com>.
I'was thinking in writing a simple tutorial about this... are the core
members interested.???

I develop an app using this schema, so I can take some examples of my code
to do this.

--
David Castañeda

--