Posted to user@tez.apache.org by Siddharth Seth <ss...@apache.org> on 2014/06/21 01:03:35 UTC

Created branch branch-0.4.1-incubating

branch-0.4.1-incubating includes a set of bug fixes on top of the Tez-0.4
release. The list is at
https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20TEZ%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%200.4.1
The APIs between 0.4 and 0.4.1 should be the same.

This branch can be used by folks who are trying out Tez with other systems
like Hive-0.13 / Hive-0.13.1 - which depends on Tez-0.4.

If anyone would like to add additional bug fixes to this branch - please
set the target version on the corresponding jira to 0.4.1.

If there's enough interest, I can look at creating a release off of this
branch, while we work on getting 0.5 released - which is likely several
weeks out.

Thanks
- Sid

Re: Created branch branch-0.4.1-incubating

Posted by Hitesh Shah <hi...@apache.org>.
Hey Gopal

Seems like a relevant bug fix to put into 0.4.1. If it does not break compatibility, just go ahead and merge it into the 0.4.1 branch and change fix version to 0.4.1 when committed.

— Hitesh

Posted by Siddharth Seth <ss...@apache.org>.
Pulled in TEZ-1162. I'll create an RC today.

Posted by Gopal V <go...@apache.org>.

Posted by Siddharth Seth <ss...@apache.org>.

Posted by Siddharth Seth <ss...@apache.org>.

Posted by Arun C Murthy <ac...@hortonworks.com>.
Sid,

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: Created branch branch-0.4.1-incubating

Posted by Arun C Murthy <ac...@hortonworks.com>.
Sid,

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE