Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org> on 2006/07/13 13:38:58 UTC

cocoon-ehcache-1.data becomes very large

Hi list,

we're using Cocoon 2.1.6.

The cocoon-ehcache-1.data keeps growing continuously, ATM it is at 24 GB.

Some questions:

- Is there a common reason why this happens?
- Can we safely delete it?
- If yes, can we delete it while Cocoon is running?
- Can we configure a maximum cache file size?

Thanks in advance!

-- Andreas

--
Andreas Hartmann
andreas.hartmann@wyona.com                     andreas@apache.org

Re: Re: cocoon-ehcache-1.data becomes very large

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
On 7/13/06, Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org> wrote:

> ...<parameter name="overflow-to-disk" value="false"/>
>
> Is there a special reason why this is set to "false"?...

It's because in that case we only want a short-term cache. There are
more parameters which might help, they are read by the
src/java/org/apache/cocoon/components/store/impl/EHDefaultStore.java
class IIUC.

-Bertrand

Re: cocoon-ehcache-1.data becomes very large

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.
Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
> On 7/13/06, Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> ...Can we configure a maximum cache file size?...
>
> I don't have a precise reply to your questions, but here's the config
> that I use to limit the number of cached entries, it might help.

Thanks a lot!

> <!-- xconf patch file for cache settings -->
> <xconf
>  xpath="/cocoon/store"
>  remove="/cocoon/store/*">
>  <parameter name="maxobjects" value="100"/>

We have this at 1000 objects, but that shouldn't make such a
difference, or am I wrong here?

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.