Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by Jark Wu <im...@gmail.com> on 2020/02/04 02:23:30 UTC

Re: Large intervaljoin related question

Hi Chen,

AFAIK, DataStream doesn't have too much operator level optimization for
large window and interval join.
The suggested best practices are
 - please do not slide a window with very small step
 - use rocksdb statebackend on SSD for large state.
 - increase parallelism for the operators of large state

The pane optmization which is mentioned in the FLINK-7001 has partially
implemented in Flink SQL blink planner's window operator. You can try it
there.

Regarding the rocksdb statebackend tuning, I'm not an expert on rocksdb
statebackend. Hence, I'm pulling in Yu Li who might help you.

Best,
Jark