Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Dave Cowing <dc...@enpresence.com> on 2006/08/01 23:25:54 UTC

Startup parameters

This is probably a really simple question.  In the service init, can I get
access to custom paramters from either the axis.xml or service.xml file?
I'm looking to place parameters that will change with service installation
somewhere.  Examples of these parameters are resource paths, database
usernames, ...

thanks,
Dave

Re: Startup parameters

Posted by Nirmit Desai <ni...@us.ibm.com>.
Dave,

see this thread:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=axis-user&m=115450262521069&w=2

Deepal,

not sure if this is a bug, but the MessageReceiver generated by WSDL2Java
makes only this call:

org.apache.axis2.engine.DependencyManager.configureBusinessLogicProvider(obj,
 msgContext.getOperationContext());

Looking into the source for DependencyManager, it seems that the
setOperationContext() would be called but not the init. Am I right?

Thanks,

-Nirmit

             Deepal Jayasinghe
             <deepal@opensourc
             e.lk>                                                      To
                                       axis-user@ws.apache.org
             08/02/2006 12:33                                           cc
             AM
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: Startup parameters
             Please respond to
             axis-user@ws.apac
                  he.org

Yes you can get parameters;

pubic void init(ServiceContext sgctx){
   AxisService service = serviceContext.getAxisService()
  service.getParameter(name);
}

Dave Cowing wrote:

> This is probably a really simple question.  In the service init, can I
> get access to custom paramters from either the axis.xml or service.xml
> file?  I'm looking to place parameters that will change with service
> installation somewhere.  Examples of these parameters are resource
> paths, database usernames, ...
>
> thanks,
> Dave

Deepal
~Future is Open~

Re: Startup parameters

Posted by Deepal Jayasinghe <de...@opensource.lk>.
Yes you can get parameters;

Dave Cowing wrote:

> This is probably a really simple question.  In the service init, can I
> get access to custom paramters from either the axis.xml or service.xml
> file?  I'm looking to place parameters that will change with service
> installation somewhere.  Examples of these parameters are resource
> paths, database usernames, ...
>
> thanks,
> Dave

Deepal