Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Byrne Craig <Cr...@iie.qld.gov.au> on 2002/09/25 03:58:08 UTC

Tomcat 4.1.x and HTTP/1.0 persistant connections.

Is there any way to disable persistant connections for HTTP/1.0 requests using the Coyote connector in Tomcat 4.1.x?

I am having problems in that a third party utility is not correctly handling HTTP/1.0 requests using persistant connections.  It sits there waiting 15 seconds for tomcat to drop the connection for inactivity.

In previous tomcat versions it worked fine, since persistant connections for HTTP/1.0 were ignored.  I see now, in the Coyote documentation, that HTTP/1.0 persistant connection are now enabled.

TIA,
Craig.