Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by ho...@bigbadwolf.org on 2001/06/27 14:45:50 UTC

So what *IS* available?

Hello Everyone,

I was just going through the posts and have been following this thread.
Despite Tomcat not meeting Nick's needs and the frustration he must have
had, he does bring up a good question.

What is out there that can handle Nick's problems? I am still new to the
Tomcat scene so please be patient with me.

I've seen commercial solutions mentioned such as Resin, JRun and a few
others. What about IBM WebSphere? Is that not a similar product?

How do the commercial products compare to Tomcat as far as feature set,
stability, scalability and speed?

The thread just got me thinking is all.

Thanks in advance
John Brosan