Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Srinath Perera <he...@gmail.com> on 2005/06/03 08:39:50 UTC

Re: [Axis2][VOTE]Proposal for Axis2 M2

Hi Venkat;

Regarding the SAAJ and infoset support, what is the state of them?
Can we move them to main source?

Thanks
Srinath

Posted by Venkat Reddy <vr...@gmail.com>.

> Can we have test cases under o.a.a.om.infoset.* ?

Sure. No issues. To be explicit, it goes into
java\modules\xml\test\org\apache\axis\om\infoset

- venkat

RE: [Axis2][VOTE]Proposal for Axis2 M2

Posted by Eran Chinthaka <ch...@opensource.lk>.

> Srinath,
>
> Is it June or July :-) your first mail says July.
>
> SAAJ:
> We're going to check in the code support today alongwith its maven
> files. It only depends on OM. No DOM implementation is required. There
> are no other dependencies. SAAJ code should go into java/modules/SAAJ.
> We are porting Axis 1.2. SAAJ test cases to 2.0, This is work in
> progress, and i dont think we can port all test cases by June 7th.
>
> Infoset support:
> The code is a mix of patches to existing code and a new testcase
> alongwith a set of xml test suite. The testcase will go into
> java\modules\xml\test\org\apache\axis\infoset. There are no external
> dependencies.

Can we have test cases under o.a.a.om.infoset.* ?

> Currently testing everything one more time. I don't see any major
> issues. The code has documentation enough for javadocs. Do you think
> we can add a wiki page SAAJ and infoset support?

+1. Can you update the OM Tutorial found under xdocs as well, to mention
something about full infoset support.

-- Chinthaka

Posted by Srinath Perera <he...@gmail.com>.
> I like to freeze the code ASAP, let's freeze it once you are done
> What is the plan Venkat? ..
> 1)saaj things u can checked in directly ..
> 2) things goes in to xml ..can u checking them in too? do you need help?
> Thanks
> Srinath
Venkat what is the state of the code SAAJ and XML infoset support ? we
should do the integration *now* ... what is the plan? can u integrate
them or should I try?
Thanks
Srinath

Re: [Axis2][VOTE]Proposal for Axis2 M2

Posted by Srinath Perera <he...@gmail.com>.
Oops it is June Absolutly

On 6/3/05, Venkat Reddy <vr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Srinath,
>
> Is it June or July :-) your first mail says July.

> SAAJ:
> We're going to check in the code support today alongwith its maven
> files. It only depends on OM. No DOM implementation is required. There
> are no other dependencies. SAAJ code should go into java/modules/SAAJ.
> We are porting Axis 1.2. SAAJ test cases to 2.0, This is work in
> progress, and i dont think we can port all test cases by June 7th.

+1 for check it in .. include whatever the testcases working now. rest
we will check in after M2
lets make module modules/saaj rather than modules/SAAJ

> Infoset support:
> The code is a mix of patches to existing code and a new testcase
> alongwith a set of xml test suite. The testcase will go into
> java\modules\xml\test\org\apache\axis\infoset. There are no external
> dependencies.
+1 to checkd them in, OMers . any isuues?

> Currently testing everything one more time. I don't see any major
> issues. The code has documentation enough for javadocs. Do you think
> we can add a wiki page SAAJ and infoset support?
Yes please at a wiki page, if possible let us add a small chapter in
to user guide if we can make it.

Posted by Venkat Reddy <vr...@gmail.com>.
Srinath,

Posted by Srinath Perera <he...@gmail.com>.