Posted to dev@flume.apache.org by "arvind@cloudera.com" <ar...@cloudera.com> on 2011/07/09 03:24:22 UTC

[PLEASE READ] JIRA Migration Attempt - July 12

Dear Flume Users and Developers,

As you know Flume has been accepted in Apache incubator and we will be
migrating towards Apache infrastructure. To that effect, we are
planning on making an attempt at migrating existing Flume JIRA
(https://issues.cloudera.org/browse/FLUME) over to Apache JIRA next
week.

In order to migrate, we will be freezing Flume JIRA starting July 12,
2011 for a few days. During this time the JIRA will be available but
will enter a read-only mode. The total number of days this attempt
lasts is unknown but should not be more than a week. If the attempt is
successful, we will start using the Apache JIRA instead. If not, we
will revert to the Cloudera hosted JIRA and chart out the next steps.

During the period the JIRA is in read-only mode, please use the
mailing list for issue related discussions instead.

Thanks,
Arvind Prabhakar

Re: [PLEASE READ] JIRA Migration Attempt - July 12

Posted by "arvind@cloudera.com" <ar...@cloudera.com>.
Hi,

Quick update on this effort: For the past two days, the Flume project
on Cloudera JIRA was turned to read-only mode to facilitate the
migration attempt. That attempt brought out issues that Cloudera and
Apache infrastructure teams need to address and hence the Cloudera
JIRA has been switched back to regular read/write mode.

Thanks for your patience through this. We will keep you informed as
and when we take the next steps in this regard.

Thanks,
Arvind Prabhakar

Posted by "arvind@cloudera.com" <ar...@cloudera.com>.
Hi,