Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by keith chapman <ke...@gmail.com> on 2008/10/01 16:36:50 UTC

Re: large streams with mtom (130 MB) out of memory

Did you turn on attachment caching using the following parameter?

<parameter name="cacheAttachments">true</parameter>

Thanks,
Keith.

On Wed, Oct 1, 2008 at 7:48 PM, Wagner, Michael <
Michael.Wagner@fokus.fraunhofer.de> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> i try to send and receive files with 130MB capacity. The VMs have 512MB of
> memory. To do so I extended the MTOM example provided by axis2 (sending the
> file back and write it to a file). It is possible for me to send the file to
> the server with an adequate amount of memory consumption. However, sending
> the content from the stream back to the client fails (out of memory). Can
> somebody tell me what I am doing wrong (I also changed the axis2.xml and
> service.xml according to the axis2 MTOM description in the web) or extend
> the MTOM example of axis2?
>
> Thanks,
>   Michael

Keith Chapman
Senior Software Engineer
WSO2 Inc.
Oxygenating the Web Service Platform.
http://wso2.org/

blog: http://www.keith-chapman.org

RE: large streams with mtom (130 MB) out of memory

Posted by "Wagner, Michael" <Mi...@fokus.fraunhofer.de>.
Yes, I think I did so (see attachment).

Thanks,
  Michael

run.client:
     [java] log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger
(org.apache.axis2.description.AxisService).
     [java] log4j:WARN Please initialize the log4j system properly.
     [java] Exception in thread "main" org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: Java
heap space
     [java] 	at
org.apache.axis2.util.Utils.getInboundFaultFromMessageContext(Utils.java
:512)
     [java] 	at
org.apache.axis2.description.OutInAxisOperationClient.handleResponse(Out
InAxisOperation.java:370)
     [java] 	at
org.apache.axis2.description.OutInAxisOperationClient.send(OutInAxisOper
ation.java:416)
     [java] 	at
org.apache.axis2.description.OutInAxisOperationClient.executeImpl(OutInA
xisOperation.java:228)
     [java] 	at
org.apache.axis2.client.OperationClient.execute(OperationClient.java:163
)
     [java] 	at
org.apache.ws.axis2.mtomsample.MTOMSampleMTOMSampleSOAP11Port_httpStub.a
ttachment(Unknown Source)
     [java] 	at
sample.mtom.client.Client.transferFile(Client.java:120)
     [java] 	at sample.mtom.client.Client.main(Client.java:70)
     [java] Java Result: 1