Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Vi...@bertelsmann.com.cn on 2007/04/13 04:48:13 UTC

availability of a team from my side to help ofbiz

Hi Everyone,

As I mentioned we have been working on a pilot implementation of ofbiz
for our own company and would see if it would fit with a pilot. In the
same we have created a Team for ofbiz related work. So now as a result I
can help to contribute few resources in the areas of documentation,
testing (both functional as well unit testing) along with performance
testing.

The following is the area I have divided the teams:
1. CRM, Marketing, POS
2. Finance
3. Ecommerce
4. Supply Chain.

Now from each team (i.e. above functional area) can provide 1 to 2
resources working on the documentation testing and configuration
(including Seed data update) of the ofbiz. They will devote atleast 1-2
hours every day on ofbiz. Indeed from next week they will constantly be
working on it. So please if David Jones and others could provide a
outline or guide so that these resources can help ofbiz in a optimal
way. As the people who would be coming are fairly new to this framework
I would expect more contribution on the application testing and
documentation side and slowly they would be able to help with core
coding. These are all staffs paid to work on ofbiz in general.

Thanks
with best regards,
Vikrant

Re: availability of a team from my side to help ofbiz

Posted by "David E. Jones" <jo...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
Vikrant,

Sorry for the delay in reply. I was hoping for some time to write
more, and I still hope to in the near future.

For now there is a lot of work to be done in various parts of OFBiz,
many of which you listed below in your email.

All end-user documentation will go on docs.ofbiz.org in the End User
space, here:

http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBENDUSER

The best way to contribute initially is to add either comment on
existing documents or add new documents to the wiki space, and then
let us know about them so one of the doc maintainers can review it
and move it to the end user space. The wiki space (which anyone with
an account can edit in) is here:

http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBIZ

For other things to work on, a HUGE place you and your guys could
help out is by testing and commenting on Jira issues, and doing
things like implementing and adding patches for issues that don't
already have a patch. For those that do have a patch, testing and
commenting on it is REALLY helpful for commiters to be able to
quickly review, test, and apply patches.

I look forward to seeing/hearing more from you and your team!

-David