Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org> on 2007/06/06 08:40:01 UTC

Re: some closed issues

I have some questions about specific closed issues that might warrant
reopening:

On 05/06/2007, at 3:05 PM, Jason van Zyl (JIRA) wrote:

> Jason van Zyl closed MNG-5.
> ---------------------------
>
>     Resolution: Fixed
>
>> pretty resources addition
>> -------------------------

Was this really implemented, or was it intended to close won't fix?
To my knowledge, we have no such feature.

> Jason van Zyl deleted MNG-3019:
> -------------------------------
>

>> does commons-validator require the xml-apis dependency?

Why delete the issue? Unless it was completely mistakenly filed, I
think we should just close incomplete/won't fix otherwise it's
impossible to get back and the information is lost.

> Jason van Zyl closed MNG-1830.
> ------------------------------
>
>     Resolution: Won't Fix
>
> Bootstrap is entirely different now. Ant-based and it's not really
> a problem making sure you have the right Maven ... knowing from
> experience building it 20 times a day when applying patches for
> example.
>
>> add  a 'compiled on <timestamp>' label when maven 2 is invoked
>> with --version option

I think this would be a useful thing to add if the patch still
applies (not just as part of the bootstrap, but as a check on the
released version). Can we reopen?

> Jason van Zyl closed MNG-2522.
> ------------------------------
>
>     Resolution: Fixed
>
>> Regression for the Eclipse codestyle

Wasn't really sure if this was fixed, or the patch just out of date.
Is the eclipse code style on the site good now?

> Jason van Zyl closed MNG-728.
> -----------------------------
>

> Don't re-open this until you have patches, test projects, and you
> have run the integration tests. I'm processing all patches to start
> a new way of accepting patches and test projects. I will be
> finished processing all the patches today and I'll make
> instructions on how to submit requests for updating Maven.

I reopened this because there were patches and it was optional, non-
default functionality. If the patches had a specific problem we
should keep it open but unflag it until they are updated, right?

Thanks,
Brett

Re: some closed issues

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.