Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Ralph Brock <rb...@hotmail.com> on 2014/05/30 02:53:25 UTC

Bug - Files left behind after installing Apache 4.1.0

Hi,
I just installed OpenOffice 4.1.  Everything seemed to go well, except that a folder with files, and sub folders, was left behind on my desktop.  I would like to delete this folder and all its contents (or at least get it off of my desktop), but I don't know if it's safe to do so.  Could you please advise me?
The main folder is:       OpenOffice 4.1.0 (en-US Installation Files)
The files are:      openoffice410 - Windows Installer Package  2,256 KB      setup - Configuration Settings  1 KB      openoffice1 - File Cabinet  127,572 KB      setup 1.1.1.0 - 465 KB
The additional sub folders and files are as follows:      Sub folder:  licenses            Files:                Licenses  208 KB                Notices  6 KB      Sub folder:  redist:            Files:                vcredist_64  4.96 MB                      Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable setup                vcredist_86  4.27 MB                    Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable setup      Sub folder:  readmes:            Files:                readme_en-US  11.0 KB  Chrome HTML Document                readme_en-US  11.0 KB  Text Document
Can I delete any or all of these folders and files, safely?  Any help or guidance would be appreciated.
Ralph Brock

Re: Bug - Files left behind after installing Apache 4.1.0

Posted by 許哲崇 <fi...@gmail.com>.
I used to kill obsolete files.

But I decide not to any more.

The hard memory capacity is much larger than the software I desire.

I enjoy memory when vivid on screen.

Posted by Martin Groenescheij <Ma...@Groenescheij.COM>.

Posted by Buck <cf...@tds.net>.
Hey Brock,

In the process of troubleshooting problems I have with AOO v4.10 and 4.10, I
have done many installs and uninstalls of both programs over the last week
or so. I noticed that folder also and just deleted it. It made no difference
to the operation of the program.

Something that I find peculiar is that even after uninstalling either
version that folder remains. That is when I decided to delete it the first
time, and then just deleted it after an install.

Buck Castleberry