Posted to users@felix.apache.org by gharbi jjjj <el...@yahoo.fr> on 2010/08/24 20:53:00 UTC

serviceTracker

Good morning everyone,

As I am trying an example based on service Tracker (the 5th example on the
tutorial about apache felix :
http://felix.apache.org/site/apache-felix-tutorial-example-5.html  ), I compile
but the error indicated that the package  org.osgi.util.tracker  does not exist.

Personnally, I think that service Tracker is considered as the main benefit of
OSGi technology.

NB I use Oscar platform to create and to manipulate bundles.

I don't know how to add this pachage ?

Atef.

Re: serviceTracker

Posted by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>.
  On 8/24/10 14:53, gharbi jjjj wrote:
> Good morning everyone,
>
> As I am trying an example based on service Tracker (the 5th example on the
> tutorial about apache felix :
> http://felix.apache.org/site/apache-felix-tutorial-example-5.html  ), I compile
> but the error indicated that the package  org.osgi.util.tracker  does not exist.
>

> Personnally, I think that service Tracker is considered as the main benefit of
> OSGi technology.
>

> NB I use Oscar platform to create and to manipulate bundles.
>
> I don't know how to add this pachage ?

This package is included in the felix.jar by default, so if you were
using the Felix framework, it would probably be working. Oscar didn't
include the service tracker by default (nor did early versions of the
Felix framework). In those cases, you have to include the JAR on your
class path. If you are stuck using Oscar, then you'll have to dig up the
R3 JAR files.

-> richard