Posted to dev@manifoldcf.apache.org by "Colreavy, Niall" <Ni...@fmr.com.INVALID> on 2015/10/01 16:54:50 UTC

Editing repository connection password using the REST API

Hi,

I am experimenting with editing repository connections using the REST API. I am able to change most aspects of a repository connection but I am running into difficulty when updating the password. The password in the JSON response for a repository connection seems to be obfuscated/encrypted. How can I pass in a new password? Do I need to obfuscate/encrypt the password before I specify it?

Kind Regards,

Niall

Re: Editing repository connection password using the REST API

Posted by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com>.
You need to obfuscate it.  Use the ManifoldCF.obfuscate() method, if you're
in java.

Karl