Posted to users@ws.apache.org by David Oppenheim <do...@pingtel.com> on 2002/10/10 16:58:39 UTC

Interpreting Debug Data????????

Can anyone help me interpret the debug data I printed out (see below)?

The lines starting with ===>>> are generated by my program.  The other lines
are from the debugger.

I'm trying to do a call to a remote procedure that takes 6 params.  I
actually see the procedure being invoked and returning a valid Hashtable.
So, I believe the exception occurs when the system is placing entries into
the Hashtable I set up to collect the return value.

Also, are there any known problems with sending Integer values as params?  I
was getting errors until I changed the param to a String.

Thanks in advance,

Dave Oppenheim

===>>> In new xwayBasicClientInterface.executeCall - target = xwayClientHub
method = getServiceAccess
===>>> there are 6 params
===>>> param 1 = SampleReportingService
===>>> param 2 = SampleClient
===>>> param 3 = http://10.1.1.105:8087/RPC2
===>>> param 4 = 10.1.1.105
===>>> param 5 = [x]
===>>> param 6 = [X]
===>>> In try - executeCall

Client calling procedure 'xwayClientHub.getServiceAccess' with parameters
[Sampl
eReportingService, SampleClient, http://10.1.1.105:8087/RPC2, 10.1.1.105,
[x], [X]]

Beginning parsing XML input stream
startElement: methodResponse
startElement: value
startElement: struct
startElement: member
startElement: name
endElement: name
startElement: value
endElement: value
endElement: member
startElement: member
startElement: name
endElement: name
startElement: value
startElement: int
endElement: int
endElement: value
endElement: member
endElement: struct
endElement: value
endElement: fault
endElement: methodResponse
Spent 70 millis parsing

===>>> executeCall: XML-RPC Fault #0: org.apache.xmlrpc.XmlRpcException:
java.lang.Exce
===>>> ption: java.lang.NullPointerException

===>>>		  result has 0 element(s)
===>>>		  *************** Couldn't Get Access To SampleReportingService

		  POST /RPC2 HTTP/1.1
Host: 10.1.1.105:8087
Accept: text/html, image/gif, image/jpeg, *; q=.2, */*; q=.2

Re: Interpreting Debug Data????????

Posted by Daniel Rall <dl...@collab.net>.
"David Oppenheim" <do...@pingtel.com> writes:

> Can anyone help me interpret the debug data I printed out (see below)?
>
> The lines starting with ===>>> are generated by my program.  The other lines
> are from the debugger.
>
> I'm trying to do a call to a remote procedure that takes 6 params.  I
> actually see the procedure being invoked and returning a valid Hashtable.
> So, I believe the exception occurs when the system is placing entries into
> the Hashtable I set up to collect the return value.
>
> Also, are there any known problems with sending Integer values as params?  I
> was getting errors until I changed the param to a String.

They're probably not mapped correctly:

http://xml.apache.org/xmlrpc/types.html
--

Daniel Rall <dl...@finemaltcoding.com>