Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by "Lenci, Damien" <Da...@experian.com.INVALID> on 2020/01/17 14:41:07 UTC

Fragment modules marked as unused when disabling a module

Hi NetBeans dev team !

I'm having troubles with module unloading with NetBeans 11.2 (I have not tried with a previous version).
It seems the fragment modules that are autoloaded are considered as unused even if their host module is still used.

For example, when I try to unload a custom module, the following 2 modules are also disabled :

  *   org-netbeans-api-progress-compat8
  *   org-openide-execution-compat8
But the host modules are not part of this unused list (that's expected as they are used).

This leads to NoClassDefFoundException later when the host module is used.

It seems the org.netbeans.ModuleManager.searchForUnusedAutoloads() method do not check if the host module is still enabled.

Is this a known issue?
Do you have any advice towards a workaround?

Thanks for your help,

Damien Lenci
Software Engineer
Experian Decision Analytics | 2 rue de la Lujernetta | Athos Palace, 98000 MC, Monaco
www.experian.com<http://www.experian.com/>

[Exp-branded-eSig]