Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by SanderW <sa...@performancearchitecten.nl> on 2014/11/07 11:42:19 UTC

Sub-samples depth of Regular Expression Extractor

Hi all,

I have a question concerning the depth of which the Regular Expression
Extractor searches.
I have the radiobutton "Main sample and sub-samples" selected and I'm
scripting a .NET application that uses frames.

The main.aspx loads several other aspx pages of which one page
(frameset.aspx) has children of its own.
I want to capture some variables from the ItemList.aspx with the Regular
Expression Extractor.

- Main.aspx
-- Notifications.aspx
-- StreamFile.aspx
-- Frameset.aspx
--- Treemenu.aspx
--- ItemList.aspx

If I place the Regular Expression Extractor beneath the Main.aspx it *won't*
capture the variables.
If I place it under Frameset.aspx it *does* capture the variables.

So it looks like the Regular Expression Extractor only looks 1 sub deep.
I this correct?

A work-around is to exclude the aspx-pages in the URLs must match field of
the Embedded resources part, but this takes more scripting time.

Kind Regards

Re: Sub-samples depth of Regular Expression Extractor

Posted by Philippe Mouawad <ph...@gmail.com>.
Hello,
RegexExtractor does its work on Sample and SubSamples only when you check
"Main sample and sub-samples", it does not use Subresults of Subresults.
So this behaviour is regular, for your need 2 options:

   - Ask for an enhancement and wait for it, although the case is rather
   rare
   - Manually pick the subresults of subresults (using a PostProcessor that
   extract the links (URLs) and ForEachController to iterate over them) and
   place your RegexpExtractor in this loop

Regards

Ubik Load Pack support

@ubikloadpack

On Mon, Nov 10, 2014 at 8:12 AM, SanderW <sa...@performancearchitecten.nl>
wrote:

> Hi Glinius,
>
> Thanks for your reaction, but I don't think you read my problem correctly.
>
> I have the "Main sample and sub-samples" option selected and it does indeed
> execute the RegEx on both, but in my case the sub-samples have sub-samples
> of their own and the RegExExtractor does not pick those up.

Cordialement.
Philippe Mouawad.

Re: Sub-samples depth of Regular Expression Extractor