Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by angeloNZ <an...@nz.fujitsu.com> on 2009/08/05 04:11:17 UTC

SSL Problem with ServiceMix on Tomcat - buffer overflow

Hi,

I'm trying to proxy an external web service that is ssl-enabled.  I have
ServiceMix 3.3 running on Tomcat 6.0.18 on a windows xp machine.  What I
encounter when I send a single request for the web service through the ESB
is a whole lot of BUFFER_OVERFLOW HandshakeStatus = NOT_HANDSHAKING
messages.  The overflow messages never stop and I keep having to stop my
Tomcat instance everytime, otherwise my servicemix log would balloon up to
100 Mb or my machine would freeze.

What I'm not sure where I should define the truststore, will it be in tomcat
or in the xbean.xml of the binding components?  I'm using http soap binding
components by the way.  I've already tried exporting the external web
service's certificate into my JRE's cacerts, I've also tried pointing tomcat
to use the truststore as well as added this in my xbean.xml's provider
definition: (in this case I've copied the cacerts into an ssl folder)

<http:ssl>
    <http:sslParameters trustStore="file:c:/ssl/cacerts"
trustStorePassword="changeit" />
</http:ssl>

I'm using soapUI to fire the request.  Any ideas on why the multiple buffer
overflow messages are being given and what I need to do to setup my
certificates properly?  Thanks.

Re: SSL Problem with ServiceMix on Tomcat - buffer overflow

Posted by angeloNZ <an...@nz.fujitsu.com>.
In my earlier post I forgot to mention that I was using http:soap-* endpoints
in my xbean.xml.  In the spirit of exhausting all possibilities I tried
using the http:endpoints instead for the consumer and provider definitions.
I kept the <http:ssl> configuration for the provider and added values for
the keystore location and password.  And it worked!

So my question now is, why is the <http:ssl> definition not working for the
http:soap-* endpoints?  Is it not supposed to be compatible with http:soap-*
or is this just the case for when ServiceMix is running on Tomcat?