Posted to dev@arrow.apache.org by Wenbo Hu <hu...@gmail.com> on 2023/03/23 07:31:04 UTC

Exposing Mutual TLS to java flight server

Hi,
    I'm trying to implement a data server over apache arrow flight with Java.
    The Identity of the client (workload) is proved by the certificate
issued by some CA. So I'd like to run the flight server with mtls
support to authenticate client before ServerAuthHandler.
    It seems that mtls is supported in C++/Python
(https://github.com/apache/arrow/search?q=mtls). Is there any plan to
expose mtls to Java Implementation?

--
Best Regards,

Re: Exposing Mutual TLS to java flight server

Posted by David Li <li...@apache.org>.
A PR or GitHub issue would be welcomed.

You can also use FlightGrpcUtils in flight-grpc to configure a client/server fully by hand using gRPC directly.