Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Tomas Kolda <ko...@web2net.cz> on 2008/12/27 15:29:28 UTC

Different results Eclipse vs. Jetty and Tomcat

I have problem with custom component. It is almost tutorial example. It
works fine from eclipse 3.4 (I use Jetty plugin 1.1). But if I use mvn
jetty:run or deploy to Tomcat results is different.

Border.tml:
<head>
    <title>Test</title>
    <link rel="stylesheet" href="${styles}" type="text/css"/>
</head>
    <h1>Test</h1><br/>
    [<t:pagelink t:page="Index">Home</t:pagelink>]
    [<t:pagelink t:page="Test">Test</t:pagelink>]
    <t:body/>

Index.tml
<t:Border xmlns:t="http://tapestry.apache.org/schema/tapestry_5_0_0.xsd">
</t:Border>

Result from Eclipse is as expected, but from mvn Jetty and Tomcat just:

Has someone idea what am I doing wrong? I use maven plugin in Eclipse.

Tomas

Re: Different results Eclipse vs. Jetty and Tomcat

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
For components, templates are optional.

On Sun, Dec 28, 2008 at 4:52 AM, Tomas Kolda <ko...@web2net.cz> wrote:
> Yes, that was it. I thought that Tapestry throws exceptions when it does not
> find any resource. Thank you very much Howard.
>
> Tomas
>
> Howard Lewis Ship napsal(a):
>>
>> Tapestry can't find your Border.tml, it must be in the wrong place,
>> visible to Eclipse but not in src/main/resources for Maven.
>>
>> On Sat, Dec 27, 2008 at 6:29 AM, Tomas Kolda <ko...@web2net.cz> wrote:
>>

>>> I have problem with custom component. It is almost tutorial example. It
>>> works fine from eclipse 3.4 (I use Jetty plugin 1.1). But if I use mvn
>>> jetty:run or deploy to Tomcat results is different.
>>>
>>> Border.tml:
>>> <head>
>>>  <title>Test</title>
>>>  <link rel="stylesheet" href="${styles}" type="text/css"/>
>>> </head>
>>>  <h1>Test</h1><br/>
>>>  [<t:pagelink t:page="Index">Home</t:pagelink>]
>>>  [<t:pagelink t:page="Test">Test</t:pagelink>]
>>>  <t:body/>
>>>
>>> Index.tml
>>> <t:Border xmlns:t="http://tapestry.apache.org/schema/tapestry_5_0_0.xsd">
>>> </t:Border>
>>>
>>> Result from Eclipse is as expected, but from mvn Jetty and Tomcat just:
>>>
>>> Has someone idea what am I doing wrong? I use maven plugin in Eclipse.
>>>
>>> Tomas

Howard M. Lewis Ship

Re: Different results Eclipse vs. Jetty and Tomcat

Posted by Tomas Kolda <ko...@web2net.cz>.

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
Tapestry can't find your Border.tml, it must be in the wrong place,
visible to Eclipse but not in src/main/resources for Maven.

On Sat, Dec 27, 2008 at 6:29 AM, Tomas Kolda <ko...@web2net.cz> wrote:
> I have problem with custom component. It is almost tutorial example. It
> works fine from eclipse 3.4 (I use Jetty plugin 1.1). But if I use mvn
> jetty:run or deploy to Tomcat results is different.
>
> Border.tml:
> <head>
>   <title>Test</title>
>   <link rel="stylesheet" href="${styles}" type="text/css"/>
> </head>
>   <h1>Test</h1><br/>
>   [<t:pagelink t:page="Index">Home</t:pagelink>]
>   [<t:pagelink t:page="Test">Test</t:pagelink>]
>   <t:body/>
>
> Index.tml
> <t:Border xmlns:t="http://tapestry.apache.org/schema/tapestry_5_0_0.xsd">
> </t:Border>
>
> Result from Eclipse is as expected, but from mvn Jetty and Tomcat just:
>
> Has someone idea what am I doing wrong? I use maven plugin in Eclipse.
>
> Tomas

Howard M. Lewis Ship